Saturday, January 28, 2017

I Appreciate My Bike - My Bike Appreciates Me



What biker (or most any silent sport enthusiast) hasn't been asked about the price of their bike (or skis or what have you)?  And as often as not the reaction is something like, "I didn't even know they made bikes that cost that much," or "I could never spend that much for a bike when I could get one at Wal-Mart for under $100," or some other response along this line?

Meanwhile nary an eyelash bats when someone from downstate mentions they're heading up north to do a little 'wheelin' this weekend.  And they either have their own ATV (in which case there's not only the cost of the ATV but a trailer to haul it and a vehicle big enough to pull it, registration, trail passes, insurance, etc.  And of course there is costly fuel and/or maintenance on everything) or they're not going to haul anything but the plan is to rent one up here (not cheap).  An ATV (or pretty much any motorsport) enthusiast likely has 10's of thousands of dollars tied up in their recreation but the dude with the $1,500 bike is insane.

And on top of that the more you ride an ATV and don't exercise the more your body depreciates.  Riding a bike helps your body appreciate.  In addition to the many thousands that motorsports cost they do next to nothing to improve your health (not to mention the negative health effects of things like smog, climate changing carbon dioxide, etc.).

Contrast that with biking.  I love my bike, riding my bike makes me healthy.  I appreciate my bike, my bike appreciates me.


give credit where credit is due. I poached this picture off of the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment