Friday, April 28, 2017

April Showers

     So despite a month or so of warm (lots of days in the 50's and a few in the 60's and hardly anything below freezing [even at night]) this was the look of things on my ride today.

...and I thought I was done with pogies for the season.

     Heaven knows I dearly love riding in the winter, in the cold, in the snow.  But it's been warm here for a while - I've gone for a couple of rides in short sleeves for crying out loud.  I'll admit it, when it snowed yesterday I balked at the idea of going for a ride.  

     I've been surprisingly good about keeping my New Year's resolution about hot cocoa - I have to heat it up on my wood stove, outside (where else do you light a wood stove?), on a bike ride (where else do you ride a bike?).  The only time I strayed was after a rainy ride and I was chilled when I got back - and I figured it was close enough under the circumstances.  Of course, it wasn't all that close, I just really wanted some hot cocoa.  So sue me.  

    It was the promise of hot cocoa that got me out the door and onto my bike today.  I'm really not all that hardcore.  I avoid being cold.  I don't go out in the cold to deprive myself of comfort and feel all tough and macho.  We keep our house fairly chilly and so most winter days the warmest I ever am is out on a bike ride, even if it's well below zero.  For a while now the weather has shown that winter has ended and summer - though certainly not here - is on the way.  So when it started to snow yesterday (and it was not a fluffy, gently falling snow, it was dense, wet, icy, snain) it looked cold and miserable.  But, as usual when I go for rides when it's hard to motivate myself out the door, I was glad I went.



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment