Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Melting, Freezing and Hot Cocoa

It was above freezing yesterday and it got got down below freezing last night.  So that meant that this morning the snowmobile trails were nice and solid and fast (or in my case you can go slow and look around and not work too hard) It's supposed to get into the mid 40s this afternoon.    So in the morning was the time to hop on the Krampug and roll.  I'm not exactly a morning person by nature but it was my turn (Jenny and I alternate days) to get our kid our kid on the bus - so I was actually up before the sun was fully up (not exactly a big feat this time of year).




I loaded up stuff for hot cocoa, snarfed down a few biscuits and hit the trail.

I've said it before: rail-trails are yawners but I'm not on this trail very long before turning off onto some more interesting trails.






From looking at today's forecast I saw that it was supposed to get into the mid 40's today, and so didn't want to go smoking' out on the rock solid trails only to have them melt and then struggle all the way home.  So I rode out maybe 45 mins and then turned around and went back to the stream crossing where it's nice for relaxing and drinking hot cocoa (and protected from the wind).

As before I parked my bike under the nice big white pine.





Look close at the base of the tree and you can see my bike peeking around

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment